Head Coach: Robert Waters
Asst. Coach: Ryne Crawford
VALENCIA GIRLS’ GOLF TEAM 2021
CIF RULE: To remain eligible for athletic competition, the CIF requires all players to maintain a
2.0 GPA. This GPA rule takes effect on all report cards, not progress reports.
TEAM RULE: Being a student-athlete is a privilege at Valencia High School. Academics are a
priority. As a team rule, any player who receives an F in any class, at any time, will be
indefinitely suspended from competing in matches. They will continue to be on the team,
attending practices and all other team functions. The player can be reinstated to competitive
status when they show the head coach a written affidavit from their instructor stating she is no
longer failing or the grade is raised in Infinite Campus.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Each member of the team MUST supply their coach with the name and
phone number of two students in their 4th, 5th, and 6th period classes. These students can
communicate missed assignments to our players when we are out for competition.
- Communication: Players must communicate directly with the coaching staff if they have
concerns or time management issues. Do not ask anyone to relay messages from you to the
- Teamwork: Some players are more experienced than others. Be open to sharing your
expertise of the game with your fellow teammates.
- Manners: You represent the Valencia Golf Team as well as Valencia High School. Be a lady
on and off the course.
- Transportation: For practice and matches inside the SCV, parents need to develop their
own transportation co-op. For matches outside the SCV, the coaches will drive the players in a
- Medical Clearance: Medical clearance forms for Valencia High School have now gone
digital. All information can now be found at valenciavikings.com > Athletics > Athletic
All student/athletes at VHS must have physicals completed by an MD or DO only. All medical
paperwork must be completed and turned into Valencia Sports Medicine prior to the start of the
- Practice: Practice will be at Vista Valencia from 2:45 - ~4:15. Team ranking rounds will
begin on Tuesday, August 17th (tomorrow).
- Money: All money for the program is raised via fundraiser. The Annual Viking Putting
Contest, donations and whatever else the team families organize will provide: Two team shirts
per player, range balls for practice, green fees for matches and practice, tournament entry fees,
gasoline for the transportation vans, trophies for the post-season banquet, and team logo balls