Work Permit Instructions
- Work permits must be obtained by any student under the age of 18 who has a job.
- Once a student graduates, a work permit is no longer needed.
- Students need a new work permit each time they begin a new job or transfer to a new location even if it is the same employer.
- IMPORTANT! Work permits issued during the prior school year expire and must be renewed even if the student has not changed jobs.
- You can download the work permit form below or pick up a paper application in the counseling office.
- Students should complete “Minor’s Information” and must include their social security number.
- A parent must sign and date the form.
- Give the form to your employer to fill out and sign their section.
- Bring your completed form plus photo ID to Mrs. Karen Switaj in the counseling office during brunch or lunch to process.
- PLAN AHEAD – There is a 24 hour turn around time to pick up your work permit.
- ONLY THE STUDENT CAN PICK UP THEIR WORK PERMIT. The student must sign their work permit upon issuance.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Mrs. Switaj by email: [email protected] or by phone: 661-294-1188. Ext 417
ENTERTAINMENT WORK PERMITS
Entertainment Work Permits must be processed through the Registrar's Office; students must have achieved grades no lower than C's in the preceding term/semester. If a student receives a D or lower, they may reapply for a permit at the next grading term/semester. Please allow 24 hours for processing, and contact Registrar, Amber Medina ([email protected]) with any questions.