Summer Work Permit Applications


Work permits will be issued from the District Office between Monday, June 3rd to Thursday, August 8th, 2024, by appointment only. 


Work permit appointments will be available Monday and Wednesday from 9-12 pm and Tuesday and Thursday, 1-4 pm. We will not issue work permits on July 4th. The appointments are 15 minutes in length and can be made by emailing [email protected].


Steps to Obtaining a Work Permit


Step 1: Secure Employment - Students need to secure a job before obtaining a work permit.


Step 2: Download and print the work permit application linked HERE.


Step 3: Complete the work permit application:

  1. Students are to complete the sections "Minor's Information" and "School Information."
  2. Employers are to complete the section "For Employer to Complete" - print and sign their name.
  3. Parents/guardians are required to sign the form for knowledge and consent.


Step 4: Email [email protected] that you are requesting a work permit. The auto-reply message will give instructions on how to set up an appointment. You must have an appointment. The appointment will be at the William S. Hart Union High School District office. 21380 Centre Pointe Parkway, Santa Clarita, CA 91350. Please let the receptionist know that you are here for a work permit when you arrive & please remember to bring your ID.


If a student has satisfactory grades and attendance the work permit issued over the summer will expire on August 29, 2025. If the student does not have at least a 2.0 GPA and excessive absences, they will be issued a work permit for the summer only. Their work permit will expire on 8/30/2024. This will require them to come back to their school site for a renewal.



Visit the District Work Permit Page- HERE

Entertainment Work Permits must be processed through the Registrar's Office; students must have achieved grades no lower than C's in the preceding term/semester.  If a student receives a D or lower, they may reapply for a permit at the next grading term/semester.  Please allow 24 hours for processing, and contact Registrar, Amber Medina ([email protected]) with any questions.