Welcome to Valencia High School CTE Career Pathways!
CTE Career Pathways are similar to majoring in college, except that you may start your learning experience in middle or high school.
Every student, no matter what their post-secondary plans are,
can benefit by selecting and following a sequence of career related classes
designed for their area of interest.
- A CTE Pathway is a sequence of courses within your area of interest.
- A CTE Pathway will connect your career interests from high school to college and/or career.
- A CTE Pathway is your educational road map guiding you to the high school courses and post-secondary options most relevant to your chosen career destination.
- A CTE Pathway will help you acquire the depth of knowledge and skill linked with specific post-secondary programs that will lead to a certificate or degree and/or career.
- To complete a CTE Pathway, the minimum required course levels are:
- A CTE completer is a student who takes a concentrator and capstone in the proper sequence: IA, IB, IIA, IIB.
- Grades of C- or higher are required in every course in a CTE Pathway sequence.
CTE Career Pathways
** All courses must be completed in the proper sequence and with a grade of C- or greater
++ Students must be enrolled in the Valencia Medical Science Academy (MSA) to take courses for the MSA Pathways in Behavioral Health, Emergency Medicine, or Sports Medicine
CCR Extended Day CTE Career Pathways
- Courses needed to complete these pathways are offered after school
- Courses meet at various sites throughout the district
- Students may enroll in an after-school course that is offered at any school site
- We offer pathways in many different areas, including Animal Science, Design, Visual and Media Arts, Education, Emergency Response, Engineering, Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation, Networking, Patient Care, Public Safety, Auto Tech, and more!
- Visit www.pathwaytomyfuture.org for CCR Extended Day pathway sequences and schedule