Welcome to Valencia High School CTE Career Pathways!
We want your opinion!
Please take a few moments to share your thoughts about our Career Technical Education (CTE) and Career & College Readiness (CCR) pathways. We will use this information as we expand our course offerings and develop new ways to offer our students more exciting opportunities. Here's the link: https://goo.gl/forms/HrSliFIYEIE7vLam2
Why Career Pathways?
1. Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce concluded a study in 2017 and found:
- A college education is one of the Biggest investments people will make.
- If students and their families are spending more for education, they need better information to make decisions.
- The old rules of thumb are no longer enough - the labor market requires education and training BEYOND high school.
- The number of post secondary programs of study more than quintupled between 1985 and 2010 from 410 to 2,260.
- The number of colleges and universities more than doubled from 1,850 to 4,720 between 1950 and 2014.
- The number of occupations grew from 270 in 1950 to 840 in 2010.
- The variety of post secondary credentials is multiplying rapidly .
2. Hands on learning through Career Pathways can connect students to purposeful decisions about their future, reducing the confusion around college and careers.
What does a Career Pathway look like?
- A career pathway is a sequence of classes designed to integrate core academic learning with hands-on technical education.
- California has identified 15 Career Clusters.
- Hart District has built pathways within these clusters.
How do students benefit?
- Career Pathways build skills & knowledge so students can:
- Explore a career sector
- Identify a major
- Consider post secondary planning
- Career Pathways can culminate in:
- Industry-recognized Certification
- College Credits through Concurrent & Dual Enrollment
- Depth of knowledge and increased skills
How can Valencia Students access Career Pathways?
- Students have access to career pathways here during the day or after school at Hart District high schools
- Visit Tina Olinger our Career Education Specialist, in the counseling department to discuss/register for classes or contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org