Graduation is an important and dignified ceremony, which has significant meaning for the graduating seniors, parents, families, and Valencia High School staff. The ceremony signifies the successful culmination of thirteen years of education. In order to ensure a graduation ceremony that is meaningful to all, the following is expected of all participants:
- Graduates are to be courteous during the entire ceremony and are to refrain from any activity that is disruptive, distracting, or dangerous. Please follow directions.
- Graduates are not to carry anything with them into the ceremony.
- Any student who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or of any controlled substance will not be allowed to participate. In addition, smoking is not allowed at any time before, during, or after the ceremony.
- Graduates are to dress appropriately for a ceremony of this nature. Examples of inappropriate dress are beach or sports apparel, flip-flop type sandals, jeans, t-shirts, etc.
- If a candidate for graduation violates any of the above behavior standards, they will not receive a diploma at graduation and will be asked to leave the ceremony. The student will be required to attend a parent conference with the Principal the week following Graduation.
REMINDER: Graduates must attend commencement practice. All debts to the school must be cleared in order to participate in
the ceremony and other graduation-related activities.